Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cancun!

24 weeks, 2 days - I won a trip to Cancun for work because I was nominated the ‘super achiever’ for the office staff ;)  We left on Jan 22, 2014 and the trip was a 5 day trip and I had some meetings, etc for work but we also got to hang out on the beach and do some relaxing and just hang out with each other which was nice before the baby comes!  One of the nights we were sitting on the bed and baby was being pretty active so I told Grant to watch my belly and we both got to see my whole belly moving ;)

The view from our room
 
Baby and I ready for dinner!
 
Grant trying out the chairs. This was our first all-inclusive beach vacation - we enjoyed it but I'd imagine it might be even more fun if you're not pregnant and can actually drink some of those free fruity drinks they continuously offer!! ;)
 
Fish tacos for lunch with some coworkers
 
Grant and Clay trying out the belly boards
 
The resort
 
Windy day on the beach!
 
That evening we all went on this pirate ship supper cruise. It turns out this was another event that may have been more enjoyable for non-pregnant people ;) Telling them 'no I don't want a drink, thanks' continuously got a little old - seriously people - I can't have a drink - don't you see the belly?!! Stop telling me to just try one!! And, pregnant people like to eat supper at supper time. Probably even some appetizers before that. So, supper at 9pm just wasn't a good idea - come on, don't you have any chicken wings or popcorn ready anywhere?! omg - no drinks, ppl - just give me food!
 
The next day we had a free day and went on an excursion with a few coworkers. They said there would be a bus ride involved but failed to mention it would be a three hour bus ride on a bus with no bathroom! Once again - pregnant lady FAIL! I survived ;) And, we saw some dolphins jumping:
 
We walked around and saw the animals and fish, etc and then went snorkeling for awhile and just hung out.
 
 
Baby and I survived the three hour bus ride back ;) Checking out what's happening on the iPad
 
The last day we had another free day and didn't do ANYTHING - we should have done that the day before as well ;) We slept in, ate unlimited food, sat in beach chairs and swam around in the pools. Good times ;)  Pregnant lady approved ;)  Well except still not being able to drink all those fruity drinks being carried around.  Hmm.  Next time.
 
Thanks Cancun and MNSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails