Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Fun in Park Rapids

Grant and I spent the weekend near Park Rapids at Rita and Rudy's house on the lake. We had a good time ice fishing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing and just visiting with family!

The girls walking out to see how the guys are doing fishing.


Marla, Sarah and Nora peeking in to check on the fish status.


Grant and Rita. Probably discussing the lack of fish catching going on ;)


Rita sharing her plan of making a snowmobile track around the lake so Sarah and Nora can drive around ;)
Grant the fisherman.


I thought I'd try a little fishing too for the fun of it. So, I sat in the house watching and waiting. Grant got bored so went out to chat with the other people. All of a sudden a northern darted in and grabbed my lure. I didn't really know what to do so started reeling and yelling for Grant. It took him forever it seemed like so the fish was flopping around in the house by the time he got there to grab it ;) Heh heh. I don't think I've ever caught a fish this big so I didn't know what to do with it! I'm fine with grabbing sunnies or perch or whatever but not a big northern with their sharp teeth!


Grant helped me get it off the hook and later we filleted it. It turned out to be the only keeper we caught the whole day! We had a good time :) Thanks, Rita and Rudy!

1 comment:

  1. Haahahahaaa! That is a really big (and gross) fish, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails